The LawtechUK Panel
The Panel was formed in July 2018 as an industry-led, government-supported initiative to support the use of technology in the legal sector. The Panel aims to provide leadership and direction to the sector and create an environment where innovation and new technology can thrive.
Since November 2019, the Panel has acted as an advisory board to the LawtechUK programme, supporting the development of the delivery plans and the running of the projects/programme.
LawtechUK is moving into phase II and the Panel will provide support to achieve the programme’s objectives during the next delivery period from April 2023-March 2025. These objectives are to:
• Increase innovation and the adoption of lawtech in the delivery of UK legal services.
• Support the growth of the lawtech sector in the UK.
• Enable English and Welsh law and the UK’s jurisdictions to become the foundation for emerging technologies, by supporting and promoting the UK Jurisdiction Taskforce’s work.
The Panel membership comprises leaders and experts from government, the judiciary, academia, legal services, and technology. Successful candidates will join current Panel members. More information about the current Panel members can be found here.
The role of Panel Members
As a Panel member, you will work with industry leaders and experts to play a pivotal role in advancing the legal sector through technology, for the benefit of all.
Panel members will be expected to provide:
• Sponsorship and advocacy; by adding weight to and promoting the programme as well as helping the programme access members’ networks.
• Feedback and guidance; through quarterly meetings (both hybrid and in person) and 1-1 engagement, including on strategy, delivery and communications.
• Support; the delivery of the LawtechUK programme to maximise its impact and value for money. This may include supporting individual workstreams/ projects on a 1:1 basis where appropriate and in line with members’ particular expertise.