Part One – Essential Criteria
• Experience of operating at board level and how you can work as part of a senior team, developing a high performing Board that takes forward the strategic direction for an organisation working in a complex and constantly evolving environment.
• Demonstrable record of creating positive and collaborative relationships with a complex range of stakeholders, in an environment where decisions are taken under tough internal and external scrutiny.
• Ability to develop and implement robust governance arrangements and monitor performance, encompassing financial, performance and strategic risk management.
• Experience of developing strategic plans and effective performance monitoring of delivery against those plans at a strategic, level
• Organisational, system or business change to reflect the significant strategic and operational transition GLAA is going through and may face again going forward.
Part Two – Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of the experience of vulnerable workers and victims and/or getting the worker voice heard.
• Good understanding of the business world, particularly in a labour-intensive sector or one with extended supply chains, and the ability to work effectively with business stakeholders.
• Expertise in regulation and / or operational law enforcement; financial planning and finance (with a CIPFA qualification or equivalent); technology, innovation and change
• Ability to work collaboratively using persuasion and influence effectively in a high-profile environment.
• A strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and creating a values-led culture.
• Political awareness and the ability to work effectively as Board member of an Arm’s Length Body with its associated governance.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all. Appointment will be made on merit following an open, fair and transparent competition.
Due Diligence: Please note that as part of the recruitment process, due diligence, including social media checks will be undertaken on the appointable candidates.