The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
- A proven track record of exceptional leadership resulting in successful delivery of strategic outcomes.
- Senior Board level experience of providing strategic direction, facilitating effective decision-making, driving delivery and governance oversight in a high-profile and complex environment.
- Strong communication skills with outstanding ability to influence and build effective relationships with stakeholders across the education landscape, including ministers.
- Experience at senior leadership level in the education sector and an understanding of the broader education landscape.
- Experience of designing, implementing and/or advising on a knowledge-rich, evidence-based curriculum to achieve positive educational outcomes, including knowledge of the 2014 National Curriculum reforms.