· Strong understanding of the regional economic opportunities, threats and strengths in the discrete regions of North Wales, Mid and West Wales and South East Wales, whilst appreciating the issues relevant to Wales on a national basis such as effects of EU exit and economic recovery following the Global pandemic.
· Ability to analyse and assess commercial, technical and financial information (usually written) provided in support of grant applications and describe the main strengths and weaknesses of a case and the conclusions drawn.
· Sound communications skills and confidence in putting forward views based on particular experience.
· Willingness to listen and quickly assess the contributions from Board colleagues and officials.
· A clear understanding and commitment to equality issues.
· A clear understanding and commitment to Nolan’s ‘Seven Principles of Public Life’.